Ms Chocaholic with lots of opinions and an attitude

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Remembering Bali bombing victims

Its been 5 years since the bombing in Kuta, Bali in October 2002 that killed 202 people. Almost a year since I went to Bali myself. I still remember how some friends asked me why I would still go there around Christmas time...which tells me that even after so many years people were still fearful to travel there during any peak season.
I was there just around Christmas period..the supposed high season...yet the shops and restuarants were mostly empty.
terrorist attacks certainly leave behind a scar, not just physically and emotionally, but very much financially as well.

speaking of victims, October also marks some pretty dark days in Thai history..... both the October 6th event, and the October 14th 1973 event, where a number of student protestors were shot at by Thailand's military government at the time. sounds too painfully familiar to whats happening in our neighbouring country doesnt it.

may their brave soulds rest in peace. Lest we forget.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home