Ms Chocaholic with lots of opinions and an attitude

Friday, December 01, 2006

Tomorrow December 1, 2006, Thailand's mobile operators will change all Thai mobile numbers from 9-digits to 10-digits numbers. 9-digit numbers will not work after midnight. So for those of you who still have my number as the 9-digits (exclude international code) in your phone book, it will no longer workl. All you have to do is to include the extra "8" digit after the 0. For instance if you had my number as 01 89x xx00, now you will need to change it to 081 89x xx00.

As in the international calls now my number will look like this +668 1 89x xx00. hope it doesnt confuse you all too much :) I will also send out an email...where I wouldnt have to put all these X's as I do here :)

Fixed phone lines, 'land lines', are not affected by the change. The alteration of local mobile phones to the 10-digit system was to cope with the kingdom's expanding demand for mobile phone services in coming years, according to the National Telecommunication Commission (NTC). As long as I dont miss out on the calls from my friends...especially those on their roaming etc.... then Im happy :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home