Ms Chocaholic with lots of opinions and an attitude

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

In Memorium.....tsunami 26th December 04

my heart goes out to all those that loss, in which ever way.
when we first heard the news that day.....it all started with what was reported as an accident where a big ferry had capsized and some 200 had died. as the day progressed more disastrous news were made known to us.
Fortunately for me, no such grave sufferings as were the fate of millions. I do however recall 2 particular incidents...one narrated to me by a colleague who was caught in the wave with his son and wife...and for a few hours he thought he had lost his wife. luckily she was saved. but what I cannot forget is the face of this little 2 year old Swedish boy.....a picture that was sent by email from his grandparents to the hotline/emergency service that I happen to work on for a bit. I remember how the photo was printed and stuck on a board where all the volunteers answering the phonecalls could see. a couple of hours later I looked up on the same board, and noticed someone had posted a note on the little boy's face saying 'dead'. I cannot describe the emotion that went on in my head.....and couldnt even begin to imagine what his family would feel on hearing the news.
to those that lost, may you find comfort in some form, and may you have the strength to continue.

2 Comments:

  • my condolences and deep respect for all who suffered this tragedy, i was there. chrisbelgium

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 1:24 pm  

  • hey Chris..thanks for dropping by...and yes for also clarifying which Chris :) a very sad tragedy....but now I need to update my blog quite a fair bit

    By Blogger Jyoti, At 8:03 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home